Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Web 2.0 - 100% better than Web 1.0!

Hey All!

Just writing to talk of Web 2.0, a term generally bandied about by today's computer engineers and web designers. But how do we - the general laymen, so to speak - relate? More importantly, what is it? Here I'll give three points of info that will hopefully show what I think.

1) Before I even started this class, I had a general idea of what the phrase "Web 2.0" meant: an online community of both general users and online designers, whom seek various things from the network - various bits of info and data, or a freedom with which to create within the online expanse - in order to accomplish their objective or satisify their curiousity. Working in this class has only served to confirm this further.

2) If I had to tell someone who had no previous knowledge of the phrase "Web 2.0" or what it implied, I would explain it in terms of the previous information point.

3) When it comes to sites that I visit and use which are involved with Web 2.0, I think that the reverse is true: that there is rarely any sites I've seen not related with web 2.0. Certainly there are some private sectors online, but for the most part, Web 2.0 is the mainstream idea online. From email to EverQuest, from web-surfing to World of Warcraft, I say Web 2.0 is here to stay for quite a while.

Enyal

No comments: