Saturday, September 22, 2007

Go (MSCon)fig...


Hello all!


Ever wonder why some computer are faster at loading the desktop interface than others?

Processor speed can have a positive effect, but the real question is this: what programs do you have initiate at startup.


By using the msconfig utility, one can set what preferred programs they would prefer to have initiated at start-up - fewer selected programs, less time to boot up. As my computer came with the bare essentials when I got it, there was very little to actually adjust - nothing, in fact.


Although I may not be changing the settings, it still is valuable to know; as one adds programs to the computer, one will probably find reason to use this utility.

2 comments:

Bernard Von Poobely said...

it can be a very useful utility in fact.

Patricia said...

I had the same problem with my newer computer as well.