Friday, September 14, 2007

Window panes: my history with computers

Hello all!

Looking at my first post, I realized that I left out a bit of background history. Time to fix this - specifically the part about my experience with operating systems.

Although I may be relatively new to Vista, I can't help but notice similarities to earlier incarnations of Windows. In fact, despite being touted as a system that was built from the ground up, there are enough reminders so that anyone may install and run this without being daunted by its appearence.

For me, most of the comfort comes from the feel of how Vista is set up: it comes with the bare essentials, practical applications which help you accomplish just about any type of work that comes your way - somewhat like the old days of Windows 3.1.

It is also helpful to have spent time familiarizing myself with the various operations and accessories Vista offers; I recieved a Vista textbook ahead of schedule, and was able to study enough to be ready when class started. Not only that I was lucky enough to have bought a laptop for just the purpose of running Vista on a test computer, in order to check for problems and gauge its stability. So far, everything has gone quite smoothly.

In short my advice to all is this: Vista may be daunting at first to some of you, but enough experimenting and reading on it produces an understanding which will be useful in all your experiences concerning this newer, sleeker Windows.

1 comment:

Bernard Von Poobely said...

Excellent, welcome to the class!